Thursday, August 2, 2007

Even though I spent my summer at Willamette, such a familiar place, there have been so many things that happened, both good and bad, that I didn't expect coming into the summer. I didn't expect the amount of time that I'd spend working outside of regular work hours. I didn't expect to get through so few of the books on my to-read list. I didn't expect to go to a drive-in movie for the first time, or the changes that took places in friendships, or a surprise party, or the crazy fun festivals in Salem over the summer. I've got such mixed feelings as my time here in Salem is quickly coming to an end and I look back over this summer and these last four years. Mostly I think I'm in denial about the transition. How does one grieve well? not staying so wrapped up in the past that one can't engage with new people and places, but also allowing time to work through emotions of transition and not burying them to cause problems later. Despite all of the moving in my life, I still have not figured this one out.

1 comment:

Daniel Groot said...

New blog for a new season! I'll be keeping tabs on you. When do you come down to L.A. again?

Daniel