Monday, October 22, 2007

Early Thanksgiving

As I was sitting here this morning working on job applications, since I am still unemployed, I just starting thinking about all of the things in my life recently that I have to be thankful for. I'm thankful that I hung onto my printer that jammed and frustrated me during college, because now I have the technology to print my job applications and resume myself. I'm thankful for the extravagance of a personal computer and home internet access, so that I can search for jobs and keep in touch with friends and family. I'm thankful for God's abundant provision in furnishing our apartment through all of the furniture that other people have given/loaned us for free, so that the only thing I had to purchase was a mattress. I'm thankful for family and college friends who call me and check up on me. In a similar way, the community of fellow Servant Partners interns has been one of the biggest blessings because I have peers who are passionate about similar values and issues to transition out of college with and to encourage and prod each other along the way. I could keep going, but perhaps I'll stop here and go finish my cup of coffee and work on applications. May your day be full of moments of thankfulness. :)

No comments: