Friday, November 9, 2007

Free lamp

I'm tired and have to wake up early tomorrow, but I wanted to let you all know that my first three days of work at the Red Cross have gone well. I really enjoy my coworkers and immediate boss so far, and the people really make it a pleasure to work there. I never really saw myself doing administrative work, but with my rapidly growing commitments to spending time with people through Servant Partners and Northwest Neighbors, I'm wondering if it might not be a bad thing to have a job right now that doesn't exhaust my people energy.

I also got to experience a different sort of first today--taking furniture that's been dumped on the street! My roommate and I saw a lamp in the pile, and we'd been thinking about getting another lamp because our living room has no central light and is pretty dark, so we thought, "hey, free lamp! Might as well at least plug it in and see what happens." This is all happening at 11 pm, as we get back to Pasadena from our Luke study in South L.A.. So we casually saunter over (my roomie was rather mortified), nab the lamp, and scurry back to our apartment. It leans a little bit, but it hasn't caught fire yet, and it's lovely and bright. :)

2 comments:

doug said...

i love the freedom to embrace grace in whatever form it comes

Steve said...

mmmm lamp...