Tuesday, September 9, 2008

If the World Could Vote...

...in the U.S. election, Obama would probably win. I point this out not to promote Obama per say, even though I do acknowledge that I prefer him as a candidate, but to bring attention to how the rest of the world sees what is currently happening here. And no, the rest of the world does not just think this because they are out to bring America down or any nonsense like that.

I bring this article up because America is far too deep in a bubble to usually see and understand the various perspectives of the international community, and therefore I feel compelled to keep poking holes in the bubble so that if we choose to, we can see out of it. I can't help it, it's how I grew up and how I see the world.

2 comments:

K. Sas said...

Interesting. Seems like Latin America might feel differently.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122083027228108385.html?mod=todays_columnists

K. Sas

Jenny said...

Good article. Thanks for pointing out the diversity that exists in various countries' opinions (and of course, from polls from different sources). :)
Jenny