Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

Due to all the snow and ice that hit Oregon, instead of my family driving down to California for Christmas, they flew me up to Oregon to join them. It was only by the extraordinary grace of God and people that I made it--grace that let me cut in front of folks to the front of each line at LAX when I was running through the airport about to miss my flight, grace that my flight's take off was delayed, grace that planes were able to land at PDX the day of my flight, grace that we made it safely to my grandparents' place despite snowy, icy roads.
We spent most of the time stranded inside up on our hill, as McMinnville is unused to several feet of snow, but that was ok by me since I was sick the whole time. :( The only downside was not being able to visit college friends who were only in the next town over. It was such a blessing to be with my family for almost a week, even though I wasn't feeling well.
Here are some more pictures. :)

This is me and my sister...

Making snow people...
Isn't this beautiful?
My family :)
Me and my siblings. You can tell who has recently had their growth spurt!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Aw, you and your fam are so cute! And I love all of the snow snow snow. My goodness. Lots of snow. So glad you got to go home. And both of us got on our flights in time! :-)