Monday, July 21, 2008

Tidbits from the Weekend

I got to go see a free outdoor performance of the Taming of the Shrew this weekend with a friend. It's been my favorite Shakespeare play ever since Ms. Wallace made us read the play aloud in class in high school. I got to be Kate, and in that moment, the play came alive for me. I love Kate's spunk and the verbal banter between her and Petruchio, two equals in passion, wit, and energy. Haven't quite figured out what to do with the ending of the play, but nevertheless I still love it.

On another random note, a friend sent me this awesome song, which I am posting here in tribute to all of my fellow Jennifers, Jens and Jennys out there! :) The artist made a music video that goes with it, but like most music videos, it's a little weird so I'm not linking to that here.

1 comment:

Roi Et Mom said...

I like the song. Didn't know when we named you that it would turn out to be the #1 girl's name that year. If we had known, I don't know if we would have picked a different name. Still like Jennifer, Jenny, Jen.