Monday, July 14, 2008

Voices from outside the bubble

I've been reflecting some on how the blessing of growing up with an international perspective carries with it the responsibility to be an alternative voice, to bring up different ways of viewing situations and the world. I'm not always very good at speaking up, or speaking up with love and humility, or staying educated and informed as to what's happening outside the USA bubble (oh yes, it is a bubble) and how those outside are interpreting those events.

So on that note, I was reading a blog post on God's Politics about a meeting with four Iraqi evangelical Iraqis and their perspectives on current events. I wish that the writer had quoted them more extensively so that we had a fuller picture of their views from their own mouths, but nevertheless it was an interesting enough article that I decided to link to it here.

No comments: